Thursday, June 16, 2005

From All Sides

Sometimes it comes at you from all sides. The weather was tropically miserable, then turned cold and damp. I received letters from the IRS and state tax people that I owed money. Apparently, they neglected to debit the funds, as directed, from my account and I now have to get my accountant to send them letters to plead reasonable cause to have them waive the penalties and interest. And, of course, I have to make payment, again. My department chair deciced to be nice and gave my students a review sheet (even though I already had put one online) and said that he would write and grade a final exam for me. Very decent, but I don't like the loss of class control. Knees hurt like the dickens, I'm getting fatter, the fatigue has been terrible....

Saw the surgeon today and scheduled my procedures for next Wednesday. Should be quick and easy (fingers crossed). Then, its wait and see....

All I want to really do now is sleep. I am simply tired and just want to rest. Despite much ass sitting, I have gotten little rest. Always with something on the mind, something to be done, emails to which to respond, phone calls to answer or return...I just want to have time to do the Big Nothing. To really rest and relax. But, something always drops on my head to invalidate that option. Tomorrow, for instance, will find me at the hospital going through my pre-operation testing. It should only take an hour or two, but it still forces me to get dressed, go out and do the testing...can't be called a "nothing" day.

I am going to try to make the biggest nothing out of this afternoon that I possibly can. My brain is too scattered for reading, so its more television for me. Lots of detoxification foods and herbs, sweet and cold fluids, screen-filling fun films (I'm thinking Hellboy, Tank Girl - that sort of theme)...If the phone rings, it will be hurled into a wall. If someone comes to the door, they will be met with a fire extinguisher. If space aliens land on my porch, they will get a harsh talking-to combined with a serious finger-wagging. I mean business....

7 comments:

Prom said...

Madly waving a wand to keep all outside influences at bay (and worries too).

Thinking of you but requiring nothing from you. Good luck with the surgery.

Moonie said...

Same here. I require nothing from you either, but want you to know that you are cared about.
I will be with you in spirit on Wednesday doing a voodoo dance over you so that everything turns out magically delicious and A-okay.

Sorry the fatigue is so horrid my friend. Take care.

leaveme alone said...

Glad to see you back to writing again. Get your much deserved rest, but know that I will be thinking of you and sending many warm thoughts and positive energy your way!!!

fuquinay said...

You would have a hell of a time trying to knock me down with a fire extinguisher. I'm mighty big myself.

Dawn Rossbach said...

Boy, I didn't know if I even dare write anything here. I almost postedt anonymous so I would be safe.

I will learn some special powers before Wednesday - the wands, voodoo and good old fashioned prayers are already taken.

Seriously, thinking of you.

Jane said...

OOOOH, did you watch Tank Girl yet?? I LOVE that movie. No worries, I won't come over (I'll just watch through the window...)

Anonymous said...

Hi there Scigirl, I was just browsing, looking for free psychic reading related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a free psychic reading site. You can get an honest and informative reading to help you find your soul mate or lost loved one. You can also get info on numerology and astrology. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!