Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Dogs Declare Shenanigans

Make no mistake - they formally notified me that they would be operating under a flag of shenanigans until further notice. I went upstairs to visit the loo and was astonished to be visited within a minute by two balls of defiance. That was the first time they had climbed the stairs by themselves. I knew there was going to be trouble as they both carried something indistinguishable, yet derelict in their mouths...

Since that declaration, they have been racing up and down the stairs at full tilt, pausing only to pee in new and exciting spots on the second floor. They have dragged the bedding off of my guest bed, which is an impressive accomplishment seeing as it is a king-size set. They have eaten two socks, neither of which matched so that I am now down two pairs. The have played "catch me if you can" with a Sharpie, sans cap. Luckily, my walls do not bear any evidence of this particular game. They have started to latch onto each of my legs, one dog per, and making me walk them around the kitchen like a carnival ride. They have tried to chew the paint off the metal heater cover. I stopped that with the liberal application of Tabasco, however...

Vacation is such a wonderful time...I hope it ends soon...

3 comments:

Prom said...

Be careful to monitor where the socks end up (hopefully not in the dog or at least through the dog).

My bf's pup ended up with abdominal surgery because of an eaten sock.

Dawn Rossbach said...

It sounds like you are sporting a three ring circus over there!

shygirl said...

My pup ate a used tampon out of the trash and after a week at the vets and $1,200 later, she was fine. But it was touch and go for a while and extremely embarrassing for me when the vet told me what the blockage was. This same dog also ate a pot holder once, although that passed right through with a little help from me and a gloved hand. Geesh, the things you do for our pets.