Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Cobwebs like Steel Cable

Oh how my brain hurts! It has been a somewhat tortuous start to the school year and I am now, after many months, beginning to think with anything resembling clarity. Not that there has been any substantial trouble on the job front, but I returned to one of the universe's most bustling jobs after months of virtual inactivity. The energy requirements for making it successfully through the day are enormous for me and I have met the end of each day with a good nap and then bedtime.

As a general rule, my days have had demonstrated little above the level of basic survival behavior. Eat, sleep and work. The only distraction has been my little man - Perkunas! Snow Dog Supreme! He has decided that the greatest thing in the world is snow and would live in an igloo if I offered him the option. We were hit with over 16 inches of snow on Friday and the dog was as happy as any creature on Earth to jump through the snow piles and pretend to be a diminutive snowman.

Beyond that, my brain works dilligently to craft a succession of thoughts that allow me to effectively communicate wiht the living world. It is not easy, but I do my best. I am so ready for the holiday break.....

No comments: