Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Winning is Not an Option



My body hates me. That is only fair, as I hate it in return. It thwarts my every attempt to restore it's piteous state to its formal normal appearance. It throws roadblocks into my way, sinks potholes in the highway of my progress and strews calthrops across the path of my aspirations. Today, it has graced me with an "oversleep" headache. Now, I use the quotation marks for oversleep with intent. I went to bed last night at 8:15pm. I "overslept" until 4:00am. Normally, my evil corpus rises between 2:00am and 3:00am. This was actually more sleep than I normally get (and much need), but my body exacted a high price for my sloth. Combined with the massive bloat (I do love that word - it truly sounds like the condition it represents) it has given me in response to the low-pressure system hovering over my area like the Angel of Death, made me use another sick day for work. As I am tasked each day to positively and productively instruct 5 classes of impressionable, sensitive young people, waddling around the classroom with a pounding skull is not an act of genius.

3 comments:

fuquinay said...

Vat? You have a headache? Let me tell you about headaches! :)

We hate our bodies. I would like to find the woman who loves her body. I would kill her and then examine her brain. :)

doggy

MsC said...

You - DogWoman - you don't have headaches. You have brainaches. Stop thinking so much and you'll feel better.

Tx - When I wake up in the morning, I can tell immediately what type of day it will be from the way my body feels. Perhaps we should start our own forecasting business. Do you have a suit like Will Ferrell in Anchorman?

MsC said...

Give it a whirl. Denim or polyester? With a faux silk, big-collar shirt...you'd be the mallrats god!