Monday, March 28, 2005

The Black Hole of Ebay

Draws you in - there is no way to escape. I collect Tiki. Mostly mugs, glasses and other tableware. I don't display them and use them only on occasion for the rare times I consume that ol' demon rum. Why, then, do I haunt Ebay and bid on items that will only add to my large collection? And, why do I find the loss of a desired item so frustrating. I was outbid at the last minute on a pair of salt and pepper shakers from the Kowloon restaurant in Saugus, MA. Now, the likelihood that they would ever have graced my dining table is virtually nil, but my desire for them was true and real. I fart in the general direction of the winning bidder....

3 comments:

Moonie said...

Well I wouldn't fart in his general direction, I would do it right in his face.
Funny, I just lost an Ebay bid tonight myself. A celtic necklace for my boss.

MsC said...

Well, at least I found out this morning that I won a lot of 5 vegan cookbooks. Of course, do I NEED more cookbooks?!?

fuquinay said...

I went through a period of Sandy Starkman jackets and David Andersen flower bracelets. Having no disposable income has cured me of my Ebay addiction.