Monday, August 01, 2005

Feelin' Evil

Some days the little red devil tap dances on your shoulder and prompts you to go jiggy yourself. Today is a mega-preggo day. I look and feel as if I'm 7 months along, but knew that I had to make more progress towards my trip and life. So, makeup, clothes, lots of caffeine and off I went. Already I was in a minor snitty mood, due to my size/shape and the fact that I am sporting my first sunburn of the year. Normally a little time in the sun wouldn't render me red, but I'd forgotten about that garish yellow label on the Lasix which cautions against both natural and artificial sunlight....stupid medication....

First, I had some blood to donate to the vampiritic medical community. The parking lot was packed to the gills and I was too darn lazy to walk very far. So, the "Clergy" placard goes flying onto my dashboard and the RAV 4 turns into the oh-so-sweet clergy parking space. Evil, but I wasn't going to be there all day...

Went to Filene's and actually found one style of pants that will serve for work. While browsing, I ran across a miserably boorish woman. One of those who thinks nothing of pushing you out of the way while she circles around the clothing carousel. I spied her doing the "try the jacket on over the clothes and look at yourself in the big pillar mirrors" thing. I further spied that she had hung her already-selected garments on a rack while she tried on her jacket. Was easy to remove said garments and scatter them around the department.

A final stop brought me to purchase some seed for my bird feeder. Now, being a townie, I am well aware of the traffic directions that should be followed and those that should be ignored (and are ignored by all locals). So, I happily backed my car out of my parking space and proceeded to head the wrong way up the one-way drive in the parking lot (as is the local custom). Ahead, I see an elderly woman driving a Lexus the correct way down said drive waving at me and looking anxious. Figuring she is a lost tourist, I roll down my window and am greeted with a contemptuous "You're going the wrong way." I considered all appropriate responses and finally inquired if she'd like to hear my proposal concerning old women and Soylent Green.

Fortunately, Monkey Baby had been an obedient, respectful branch-swinger during my absence, so my return home was quite pleasant and without incident. We took a book onto the porch and read a bit while waiting for the grocery delivery. Delivery - fine. No new opportunities to exercise my evil streak. Kind of a shame, actually. I do enjoy a good bit of malevolence now and then...

4 comments:

Dawn Rossbach said...

You are a spunky one. I love the scattering of the clothes! That's awesome.

leaveme alone said...

I had to laugh...I wish I could have been watching everything via hidden carmera!!!!

leaveme alone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You crack me up. I could add to the evil exponentially.